The project was delivered on time on budget and to the complete satisfaction of the project team. The collaboration of the whole team in order to meet the customer’s expectations were exceptional
Architect – Open London
Project Manager – Huw Burgess
Services – Norman Bromley
Sydenham High School is part of the Girls’ Day School Trust, which is the is the leading group of independent girls’ schools in the UK. At Sydenham High, their fundamental aim is to provide a first class education for girls. It was the aim of their founders in 1887 and is still their aim today. The outlook and opportunities for women may have changed but the goal is the same – to develop her full intellect – academic, emotional, and social – to guide her on her individual pathway to success. They want her to leave their school not only with the qualifications she needs but also with a sense of her own value, her strengths, and a realistic and confident outlook on her future.
• New orangery, dining hall refurbishment servery & commercial Kitchen installation
• New M&E services, including upgrading new incoming mains supply.
• Works were carried out in a live School
• Careful programming and sequencing was required to enable the school to function as normal during the works
• As a residential area, we also had to liaise with neighbouring properties and notify them of deliveries and planned disruptions with heavy plant etc.
Related Case Studies